To qualify for free home, you must
- perform as a professional artist.
- be domiciled outside the canton of Neuchâtel (Switzerland).
- have minimum language skills in French or English.
- offer at least an artistic free public area (exhibition, show, performance, etc..) or develop a project inspired by regional thematic (time, geographic, political, economic and social, etc.).
To reside at the Luxor Factory, you must
- unconditionally accepted the terms and conditions of the association.
- contract before arriving in Switzerland, liability insurance, and a health and accident insurance.
- get a valid visa for Switzerland (please inquire at the Swiss embassy in your country).
To reside at the Luxor Factory, you must:
- bear the costs of your trip and travel.
- bear the costs associated with the purchase of equipment necessary for the completion of your project.
- pay to the Association a fee of 200 francs per month for booking your stay, for reasons of logistics and programming (announcement of upcoming events). This deposit is returned at the end of your stay, subject to damage caused to spaces or cancellation.
- bear the costs associated with cleaning the house if you choose to allocate the services of a housekeeper (price: CHF. 50/week).
To reside at the Luxor Factory, you agree to the following fact:
- Depending on the nature of your project, the association determines the duration of your stay (6 months).
- You are self-sufficient "hotel" (daily cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.).
- You can not accommodate third party without having made a written request to the association. Potential guests must have a direct link with the project.
- You use your own cell phone, because the residence is equipped with an internet connection, but no fixed telephone (a telephone booth is located 2 minutes from the residence).
- Your potential pets are not allowed.
- If you are a smoker, you agree not to smoke in the spaces provided. It is allowed to smoke on the terrace and in the garden.
- You accept the possibility of having to share the apartment with another resident.
- You agree to let the apartment and the studio in the same state than at your arrival.
- Luxor Factory provides logistical support (organization of cultural events).
- Luxor Factory puts its residents in relation with local cultural contacts, depending on possible collaborations.
- Luxor Factory does not provide financial help, but possibly a financial contribution for the realization of certain projects.
If you are interested by a residence, please send your application to the following address:
rue Alexis-Marie-Piaget 20
CH-2400 Le Locle
or by email at contact(AT)luxorfactory.ch.
Your application must include the following elements:
- A description of the project you want to develop (texts, photographs, illustrations, etc.)
- An argument about the length of your stay for the development of your project.
- Your artistic curriculum vitae (CV).
- The residence contract signed (which will be given by the association, after reviewing your file).